NO runway & NO taxiway LIGHTS working on KIAD, KDEN & KPHX

Official Support Forum
lordian
Mexico

NO runway & NO taxiway LIGHTS working on KIAD, KDEN & KPHX

Post by lordian » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:47 pm

Hi, I bought all of your 5 sceneries for fsx (normal edition) They all worked great. Unfortunately, my computer broke and I recently just got a new one. So I'm in the process of installing fsx and all of the addons I had. Unfortunately this time around, the runway and taxi lights in Kden, Kiad and Kphx are not working when night time comes. They work perfect on skfo and kmsp sceneries though. As a prologue, I had a lot of problems installing fsx on this new computer. I suffer to the "windows 10 black screen issue" meaning it will just go to a black screen once I hit the "fly now" bottom. After literally days of research, what solved the problem was to activate the direct 10 preview option in the fsx settings display and then fsx started to work (on my previous computer that option was disabled and fsx worked fine). However and like I said, I just discover your sceneries mentioned are not turning the runway and taxi lights on at night. I have windows 10, nvidia gtx 2060, directx12. The only other things I've added to the sim are service pack 1 and 2, alpha india ai, pmdg 737 and your scenarios. Nothing more. On my previews computer I also had windows 10 and a lesser nvidia card and everything worked fine. Any ideas how to fix it?

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Re: NO runway & NO taxiway LIGHTS working on KIAD, KDEN & KPHX

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:37 am

Hi there,
There is currently no support for "DirectX Preview Mode". This was an experimental feature in FSX and generates a lot of bugs. When enabled, you will not be able to see airport lights on the ground.

lordian
Mexico

Re: NO runway & NO taxiway LIGHTS working on KIAD, KDEN & KPHX

Post by lordian » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:06 am

I see. Thanks for replying. I cant figure out why I need to have direct 10 preview having to be activated to use fsx when in my previous computer that also had windows 10 I didn't had to activate that direct 10 preview thing. It's causing me all sorts of problems. But if I don't activate it on this new computer, fsx just wont work. I cant figure it out.