My Return

SammyH
United States of America

My Return

Post by SammyH » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:27 am

Flightbeam faithfuls, I am happy to announce my return to the support forums after what was probably the most challenging deployment of my military career. Today I officially made it home safely to California with the rest of my squadron. I will slowly begin to integrate myself back into the flow around here and will need some time to get caught up in the forums and what has been going on. While Mir has kept me up to speed on the business, I need to get caught up on the sim side of stuff and of course many sim updates that I’m sure need to take place. So as always, I ask for your patience as I take a week or so to get back in the groove after this 8 month insanity check of a deployment.

Thank you all, and extremely happy to be back serving you all again.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

sticky1202
Verified Customer
United States of America

Re: My Return

Post by sticky1202 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:03 am

Thank you for your service!!

Jim B

Tomz000
Verified Customer
France

Post by Tomz000 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:02 am

Welcome back, Sammy mate ;)

rsmith6621a
United States of America

Post by rsmith6621a » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:59 pm

Sammy

Thank you for your service to our country. Welcome back. I sent a private message your way.

Randy
Randall Smith
KPDX Beta Team
Intel I7 6700k CPU
EVGA 1080FTW GPU
16GB Crucial DRAM 3200
750 Watt PSU.

CX 747-400
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by CX 747-400 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:22 pm

Thank you for your service, and welcome home!
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim World since 1981 (subLOGIC FS1)

DFWSupertrooper
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by DFWSupertrooper » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:00 pm

God bless you and our family, sir, and welcome home! :D

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Thank you all very much for the thoughts. I have been just taking it slow, seeing what is out and about in the sim world. Planning to get in the air soon and maybe take a few pics. Seems like forever since I upload any pics, Lol.

Thank you all, again!
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

kwensi
Verified Customer

Post by kwensi » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:06 pm

Thank you so much Sammy for your service to this country.

I really enjoy your sceneries.

I have a quick question for you. Why don't you guys post some kind of a roadmap for what you are working for your sceneries? I believe that will take care of some of the questions you numerously get about what scenery is next or what you are working on. It also takes care of the blind anticipation of what the next scenery is going to be :). The Asobo team is doing a good job with its roadmap.

I know there is always the question of missing deadlines and such.

This is just a suggestion.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:47 pm

We appreciate the suggestion. Main reason we are not putting something like that up (not saying it won't happen in future) is Mir is a one man machine. While we have other developers who are part of the Flightbeam team, they too have their own businesses and scenery companies to run. Mir is the only one working on actual Flightbeam scenery. He is doing that, along with working with other developers in our group, and making updates, patches, etc. So the road map would never be accurate for one which would raise questions as well. So it is more of "which questions do you want to answer"......For now, I think our roadmap is pretty clear. We are working on NZAA, Thomas has been plugging away at LFBO and of course we are constantly looking at updates, improvements, and new issues that arise. Aside from that we have made no official announcement of what our next project will be due to COVID really slowing production on NZAA and getting updates out.

If we feel our workload is going to be overwhelming or robust enough to post a roadmap, we will surely do so. But for now, we are working on one project at a time.

Thank you.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

kwensi
Verified Customer

Post by kwensi » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:05 am

SammyH wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:47 pm
We appreciate the suggestion. The main reason we are not putting something like that up (not saying it won't happen in the future) is Mir is a one man-machine. While we have other developers who are part of the Flightbeam team, they too have their own businesses and scenery companies to run. Mir is the only one working on actual Flightbeam scenery. He is doing that, along with working with other developers in our group and making updates, patches, etc. So the road map would never be accurate for one which would raise questions as well. So it is more of "which questions do you want to answer"......For now, I think our roadmap is pretty clear. We are working on NZAA, Thomas has been plugging away at LFBO and of course, we are constantly looking at updates, improvements, and new issues that arise. Aside from that, we have made no official announcement of what our next project will be due to COVID really slowing production on NZAA and getting updates out.

If we feel our workload is going to be overwhelming or robust enough to post a roadmap, we will surely do so. But for now, we are working on one project at a time.

Thank you.

Thank you so much, Sammy,

Thank you for the explanation above. clearly understood.

I will keep flying the defaults until those airports are released. you guys are doing a great job.

Thank you again.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:26 pm

Thank you for the support!
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff