P3Dv4.5 freezes for 10min, 20nm from KSFOHD

Official Support Forum
frantzy
Verified Customer
United States of America

P3Dv4.5 freezes for 10min, 20nm from KSFOHD

Post by frantzy » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:01 pm

Hello, in the past couple weeks I suddenly have a problem now every time I fly into KSFO HD after years of trouble-free use. At 20 miles out, on any arrival, the sim freezes / becomes unresponsive / blue spinning wheel for 10 minutes. Then resumes as normal.

It only does this at KSFO, and I own every other Flightbeam airport plus scores of others. I use ORBX but not NORCAL; I use GSX2, UTLive for AI traffic, ActiveSky, and a few other utilities, so there are many possible culprits. But with almost 100 payware airports this is the only one where I have the issue, and until 2 weeks ago I never had a problem in the many years I've owned it. P3Dv4.5, Prosim 738, Windows 10, i7-8086 + GTX1080ti.

Just looking for troubleshooting tips, I know this is a needle in a haystack. Uninstalled and Reinstalled KSFO but no luck. Flying out of KSFO no problem.

Thanks,
Mike

johnk51
Verified Customer
United States of America

Re: P3Dv4.5 freezes for 10min, 20nm from KSFOHD

Post by johnk51 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Today I was going to start a flight from ksfo. I loaded up p3dv4.5, selected ksfo I use activeSky, and loaded a flight plan. Then I pressed start, but it froze at 6%. I finally stopped and reloaded and started at another airport and it started fine. I then selected goto ksfo. That time it froze at 36% So I don't know what's going on.
John K

SammyH
United States of America

Re: P3Dv4.5 freezes for 10min, 20nm from KSFOHD

Post by SammyH » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:44 pm

Have you installed any other programs into your sims? Either of you? I only say this because we have made no changes to SFO in some time.

If this is something new that has recently developed, which from both it appears to be I would say to check those items. You could try not running them to see if the same issues appears or possibly de-activate any new products to try and narrow down where the issue might be. As I said, we have made no changes to SFO in some time. That is the best advice I can give at the moment.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5