KPDX still crashes when loading into a parking spot.

Official Support Forum
NotWorking
United States of America

KPDX still crashes when loading into a parking spot.

Post by NotWorking » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:07 pm

Hello,

I realize a similar ticket about this subject was recently opened, but it was marked as solved only if you turn off crash detection. This isn't necessary for the other Flightbeam products, and I don't think it should be necessary for KPDX either. Can you please fix this?

SammyH
United States of America

Re: KPDX still crashes when loading into a parking spot.

Post by SammyH » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:53 pm

This is not something that can be fixed as the objects being hit in the other ticket are invisible objects that is built into the scenery. This is not an option when it comes to making scenery. In some instances you can make the zones smaller, but usually not by much. To be quite honest, flying with crash detection on is even more unrealistic as the sim cannot properly account for it. So the other persons ticket is solved and turning crash detection off is a common thing in the sim. What you are asking for is something different which cannot be completely done.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

NotWorking
United States of America

Post by NotWorking » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:58 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have turned off crash detection for now.

I work with Blender a lot, and have some experience with 3D modeling. When you say 'built into the scenery', I am assuming you mean either the P3D base scenery for the area, or the Portland area scenery provided by OrbX. I noticed three files are already being deactivated for Portland in the troubleshooting section of the Flightbeam manager. Out of curiosity, how come we can't disable the corresponding conflicting area?

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:13 pm

I am talking about boxes within the 3D models for our scenery. This has nothing to do with default scenery or ORBX PNW, OpenLC, or True Earth. This is something specific to any third party airport that is used. That is the best way I can describe it. Fly to any airport made by any other vendor with crash detection on and you will find the same thing. For instance, any scenery with a bridge that connects a taxiway to a runway kind of like an overpass of a highway for airplanes. I can name a few such a Munich. Taxi around with crash detection on at a third party airport scenery and you will see it is a common thing for all developers, this is not a Flightbeam specific thing.

As for the files the Manager is detecting, those are conflicts with default buildings, terrain, could be elevation files etc. Has nothing to do with an exclude box built on a 3D model for a scenery. A simple explanation would be, look at a normal size taxiway sign, now imagine an invisible box around the sign that is 2x or 3x it size but you cannot see it, the only thing you see is the taxiway sign, that is what is happening with these invisible objects I speak of and why they cannot be removed. They house other objects within the scenery.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5