Official Preview Forum

Official Preview Forum
Post Reply
User avatar
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
Posts: 3015
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm
Reputation: 117
United States of America

Official Preview Forum

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:32 am

Hi all,

As work continues on NZAA I'm opening up a forum to post work in progress screenshots and news of the development of this airport. Note that this doesn't necessarily indicate it's close to release.

Heads up: We have an exclusive NZAA newsletter which features screenshots and info you won't find elsewhere. If you want to be the first to get information about this development, head out here: https://mailchi.mp/flightbeam/nzaadevnews
Image

User avatar
pmb
Verified Customer
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:45 pm
Reputation: 1
Germany

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by pmb » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Just a hint: Application for the newsletter does not work on Chrome, at least not on mine. I had to use Firefox to subscribe.

Kind regards, Michael

User avatar
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
Posts: 3015
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm
Reputation: 117
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:07 pm

pmb wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:58 pm
Just a hint: Application for the newsletter does not work on Chrome, at least not on mine. I had to use Firefox to subscribe.

Kind regards, Michael
Thanks for the notice!
Image

trisho0
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm
Reputation: 6
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by trisho0 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:31 pm

I guess NZAA should be ready by the time now? Hopefully, Yes

User avatar
SammyH
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:12 am
Reputation: 97
Location: NAS Whidbey Island, WA
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by SammyH » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:23 pm

Not really.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

dorwiki
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:11 pm
Reputation: 0
New Zealand

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by dorwiki » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Is it possible to "prepurchase" NZAA? I can see its now in the Manager app now.

User avatar
SammyH
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:12 am
Reputation: 97
Location: NAS Whidbey Island, WA
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by SammyH » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:06 pm

At this time we do not offer pre-purchase options but might be something we consider in time. It has been in the Manager for some time now.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

dorwiki
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:11 pm
Reputation: 0
New Zealand

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by dorwiki » Sun May 03, 2020 10:55 pm

Yeah! No worries! Thank's for that! Looking forward to it being available for purchase!

User avatar
SammyH
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:12 am
Reputation: 97
Location: NAS Whidbey Island, WA
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by SammyH » Mon May 04, 2020 12:35 am

No problem at all.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

User avatar
keino333
Verified Customer
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:48 am
Reputation: 8
Bermuda

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by keino333 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:45 pm

Surely, you have something new
I can drool over :) :mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
Posts: 3015
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm
Reputation: 117
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:53 pm

There will be significant new previews coming a bit later this month showing lots of progress 8-)
Image

Manel
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:59 pm
Reputation: 0
Australia

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Manel » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:33 am

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:53 pm
There will be significant new previews coming a bit later this month showing lots of progress 8-)
Can't wait!

User avatar
SammyH
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:12 am
Reputation: 97
Location: NAS Whidbey Island, WA
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by SammyH » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:53 am

Thank you for your support and patience.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

Fludo
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:55 pm
Reputation: 1
Cayman Islands

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Fludo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:16 pm

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:53 pm
There will be significant new previews coming a bit later this month showing lots of progress 8-)
June 30th already :D :D

trisho0
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm
Reputation: 6
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by trisho0 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:24 pm

SammyH wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:06 pm
At this time we do not offer pre-purchase options but might be something we consider in time. It has been in the Manager for some time now.
Yep, in the Manager still dimmed, sleeping too much ... I want that NZAA scenery icon ready to play settings and start to fly ....

User avatar
SammyH
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:12 am
Reputation: 97
Location: NAS Whidbey Island, WA
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by SammyH » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:48 pm

Sure is, thanks for the reminder :)
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

emersonbattle
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 am
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by emersonbattle » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:53 am

Will this scenery still be coming to P3Dv4?? I've been waiting for it since P3Dv4 was the latest and greatest, and now I'm worried that you all have moved on to P3Dv5 and MSFS.

User avatar
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
Posts: 3015
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm
Reputation: 117
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:04 am

emersonbattle wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:53 am
Will this scenery still be coming to P3Dv4?? I've been waiting for it since P3Dv4 was the latest and greatest, and now I'm worried that you all have moved on to P3Dv5 and MSFS.
Only P3Dv5 and MSFS
Image

emersonbattle
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 am
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by emersonbattle » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:29 am

Well that sucks... didn't you all start out with intentions of P3Dv4 compatibility? Your original post was 5 months before P3Dv5 was released, and 10 months before MSFS was released. When did that change?

Then there's this post where you told us (me in fact) that it was still coming to P3Dv4.
emersonbattle wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:24 am
I’d like to know if you still plan to release this for P3Dv4 in particular. I’ve been waiting and really looking forward to this airport.
Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:46 am
Hi all, thanks for your feedback!
Nothing has changed since the original announcement, this product is still coming to P3D as well.
I'm not here to troll you, and I won't say anything further about it. I'm just voicing the fact that after 14 months of faithfully waiting on you guys... to hear you backing down is extremely disappointing. I'm sure I can't be the only Flightbeam Studios fan/P3Dv4 user who feels this way. :x
Last edited by emersonbattle on Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
Posts: 3015
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm
Reputation: 117
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:43 am

emersonbattle wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:29 am
Well that sucks... didn't you all start out with intentions of P3Dv4 compatibility? Your original post was 5 months before P3Dv5 was released, and 10 months before MSFS was released. When did that change?
Hi there, thanks for your feedback.
I never posted any intention of commitment to any platform when announcing any product. The sim world is very fluid and things change all the time.
At the current time of this posting, P3Dv4 users represent an extremely small fraction of our userbase. It takes a considerable amount of time developing an airport for a specific platform, so it's natural to only focus on the platforms the users are currently on.

With that said, v5 and v4 are still similar when it comes to file structures, so it's possible it will work to some degree in P3Dv4.
Image

emersonbattle
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 am
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by emersonbattle » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:48 am

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:43 am

Hi there, thanks for your feedback.
I never posted any intention of commitment to any platform when announcing any product. The sim world is very fluid and things change all the time.
At the current time of this posting, P3Dv4 users represent an extremely small fraction of our userbase. It takes a considerable amount of time developing an airport for a specific platform, so it's natural to only focus on the platforms the users are currently on.

With that said, v5 and v4 are still similar when it comes to file structures, so it's possible it will work to some degree in P3Dv4.
Take a look at my edit... As YOU say, v4 and v5 are very similar, so I'm sure it can't be that much of a change. Like I said, just disappointed.

trisho0
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm
Reputation: 6
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by trisho0 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:01 am

I am still waiting for NZAA to be installed in P3Dv4.5 so, ........ when really or approx.?

User avatar
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
Posts: 3015
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm
Reputation: 117
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:55 am

trisho0 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:01 am
I am still waiting for NZAA to be installed in P3Dv4.5 so, ........ when really or approx.?
Thanks for your interest in NZAA :) As you know I don't give out precise release estimates, but I would guess spring 2021 is a good bet.

Cheers

Edited to correct the year :shock:
Image

User avatar
jordanal
Verified Customer
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:42 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: KMLB
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by jordanal » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:59 am

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:55 am
trisho0 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:01 am
I am still waiting for NZAA to be installed in P3Dv4.5 so, ........ when really or approx.?
Thanks for your interest in NZAA :) As you know I don't give out precise release estimates, but I would guess spring 2020 is a good bet.

Cheers
You're really really late, Mir! :lol:
Regards,
Al

emersonbattle
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 am
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by emersonbattle » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00 pm

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:55 am
trisho0 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:01 am
I am still waiting for NZAA to be installed in P3Dv4.5 so, ........ when really or approx.?
Thanks for your interest in NZAA :) As you know I don't give out precise release estimates, but I would guess spring 2020 is a good bet.

Cheers
Wait… are you releasing it for P3Dv4.5 as trisho0 asked about, or only P3Dv5 and MSFS as you stated earlier?

michaelfio
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:02 pm
Reputation: 1
Switzerland

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by michaelfio » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:07 pm

Hello Mir

I own all of your sceneries and admire your talents. However, your announcement that NZAA will not come to P3Dv4 is a huge disappointment to me. I have been waiting so many years for a decent NZAA. Your announcement was in fact the reason I changed from FS2004 to P3Dv4 in autumn 2017.

So please, reconsider your decision once again and bring NZAA to P3Dv4 as well. I think it should be doable without to much work.

Kind regards
Michael

User avatar
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
Posts: 3015
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm
Reputation: 117
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:21 pm

jordanal wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:59 am

You're really really late, Mir! :lol:
Fixed.. thanks :shock: :D
emersonbattle wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00 pm
Wait… are you releasing it for P3Dv4.5 as trisho0 asked about, or only P3Dv5 and MSFS as you stated earlier?
Nothing has changed, P3Dv5 and MSFS only folks.
michaelfio wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:07 pm
Hello Mir

I own all of your sceneries and admire your talents. However, your announcement that NZAA will not come to P3Dv4 is a huge disappointment to me. I have been waiting so many years for a decent NZAA. Your announcement was in fact the reason I changed from FS2004 to P3Dv4 in autumn 2017.

So please, reconsider your decision once again and bring NZAA to P3Dv4 as well. I think it should be doable without to much work.

Kind regards
Michael
Thanks for your support Michael. We'll see what the situation looks like during release. I don't think it'll be too difficult to just have users take the v5 version and put it into v4. That would be an unofficial quick port with some features toned down. I can't assure you this would even work yet.
emersonbattle wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:48 am
As YOU say, v4 and v5 are very similar, so I'm sure it can't be that much of a change.
To actually develop the full airport for v4 is a completely different story. I know from the user-side it seems like copy-paste and you're done. You must create a whole new branch of files with a very specific set of SDK requirements. All your hacks and tricks are null.. and must be re-made for that sim version. PBR is completely different and looks different on different versions. The testing and validation on one sim alone takes several weeks.
And then... comes the avalanche of support requests because XYZ looks better in v5 and MSFS.
Image

trisho0
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm
Reputation: 6
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by trisho0 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:36 pm

I think the SODE files might be a conflict. AFCAD will need to be changed. The rest should be compatible via copy/paste from v5 to v4. I might be wrong. So, a Patch file will be needed I guess.
Patricio

emersonbattle
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 am
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by emersonbattle » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:56 pm

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:21 pm
emersonbattle wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00 pm
Wait… are you releasing it for P3Dv4.5 as trisho0 asked about, or only P3Dv5 and MSFS as you stated earlier?
Nothing has changed, P3Dv5 and MSFS only folks.
You're saying that, but at one time you clearly implied that this would be released for P3Dv4, so saying that it's only for P3Dv5 & MSFS IS the change.
Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:21 pm
michaelfio wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:07 pm
Hello Mir

I own all of your sceneries and admire your talents. However, your announcement that NZAA will not come to P3Dv4 is a huge disappointment to me. I have been waiting so many years for a decent NZAA. Your announcement was in fact the reason I changed from FS2004 to P3Dv4 in autumn 2017.

So please, reconsider your decision once again and bring NZAA to P3Dv4 as well. I think it should be doable without to much work.

Kind regards
Michael
Thanks for your support Michael. We'll see what the situation looks like during release. I don't think it'll be too difficult to just have users take the v5 version and put it into v4. That would be an unofficial quick port with some features toned down. I can't assure you this would even work yet.
emersonbattle wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:48 am
As YOU say, v4 and v5 are very similar, so I'm sure it can't be that much of a change.
To actually develop the full airport for v4 is a completely different story. I know from the user-side it seems like copy-paste and you're done. You must create a whole new branch of files with a very specific set of SDK requirements. All your hacks and tricks are null.. and must be re-made for that sim version. PBR is completely different and looks different on different versions. The testing and validation on one sim alone takes several weeks.
And then... comes the avalanche of support requests because XYZ looks better in v5 and MSFS.
I don't think that anyone in their right mind expects a P3Dv4 product that is exactly the same as the P3Dv5 offering. It's only natural that some features would be disabled/toned down when installed on the older platform.

As I read things, you are kind of contradicting yourself when you write "I don't think it'll be too difficult to just have users take the v5 version and put it into v4.", then in the next statement write "I know from the user-side it seems like copy-paste and you're done." From that I gather that you are saying to the P3Dv4 users out there "Go ahead, pay for the product and try to install it into P3Dv4. It might work but if it doesn't... I told you it was for P4Dv5 and thanks for the money."

Is it at all possible to just release a scaled down version for P3Dv4? For years now we've seen developers including yourself release software that was compatible for FSX, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4, with the caveat that some features would only work for the newer platforms on the market.

Like michaelfio, I too own and enjoy ALL of the products you've released to date. I've been eagerly waiting for this airport to release for quite some time, I'm sure we aren't the only two in the P3Dv4 community that are. If it comes to P3Dv4, even in a scaled down form, it's absolutely a day one purchase for me even if it costs just as much as the V5 version. But you can't seriously be suggesting to the P3Dv4 community that we just purchase a P3Dv5 product and "try to make it work". When/if it doesn't and we come to you with complaints or pleas for support, your answer will likely be "this product is made for P3Dv5, not the product to which you are trying to install it" and you'd be 100% right for saying so. Knowing that, how can you suggest we give you our money as if we don't know that? I hope, for my sake, that when it comes time for release you look at the situation and find that a P3Dv4 release is possible. If that's the case then where do I type in my credit card information?! But in the meantime any suggestion that P3Dv4 users take their chances on a product what you are at the same time saying is not for them seems like a bit of an irresponsible developer-money-grab on your part.

trisho0
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm
Reputation: 6
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by trisho0 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:22 pm

I think will be plenty members trying to purchase NZAA for P3Dv4 including I when the scenery becomes released.
So, Developers should do Patch or something to make happy to us.
Patricio

User avatar
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
Posts: 3015
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm
Reputation: 117
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Thanks for your feedback, I will revisit the situation once release gets closer.
Image

User avatar
RayProudfoot
Verified Customer
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:26 am
Reputation: 0
Location: Cheshire, England
Great Britain

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by RayProudfoot » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:37 pm

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:04 am
Only P3Dv5 and MSFS
Mir, that is extremely disappointing news. How large can the differences be between two 64-bit versions of P3D.

FS Labs are developing a Concorde for both v4 and v5 so I wouldn’t have thought it that difficult to make NZAA compatible. There are lots of us sticking with v4 as it’s so stable and doesn’t have issues still affecting v5.

Please reconsider. :(
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)
P3D v4.5; Intel i7 8086K o/c to 4.5 GHz; Nvidia GTX 1080Ti; BenQ PD3200U 32" UHD monitor; Win 10 Pro.

User avatar
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
Posts: 3015
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm
Reputation: 117
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:50 pm

RayProudfoot wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:37 pm
Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:04 am
Only P3Dv5 and MSFS
How large can the differences be between two 64-bit versions of P3D.
Enough differences for you guys to not be upgrading to it :shock: :) SDK and underside are vastly different.

But like I said, I will certainly consider this (something that wasn't an option 24 hours ago), thanks for your feedback.
Image

User avatar
BudSpencer
Verified Customer
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:19 am
Reputation: 6
Germany

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by BudSpencer » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:53 pm

To say it that clearly, I'm really pissed!! Neither do I have any right to decide which simulator any developer has to release his sceneries, nor do I know how much work a release for both P3d v4 and v5 is. But there are very, very few developers who didn't manage to bring out their new sceneries for v4 when they did it for v5 - and those who did have often been sceneries that have been developed when v5 was already on the horizon (such as PKSIM Lima). OK for that.
I don't remember when Auckland was annouced, but it feels like it was before even P3d v4 was out (?). With all respect for unforeseen reasons - be it personal, technical or strategic reasons - to postpone the development (that everyone here has fully respected as far as I can remember), we've seen extremely nice screeshots of NZAA in P3d v4 over years, just to hear now, that it won't ever be seen there!
It's not that I would have a problem to spend the money into P3d v5 itself, but it's simply the fact that a lot (and I really mean A LOT) of addons that are running fine in v4 won't be availible or stable in v5 yet. And many of them will never be made as MSFS is simply too attractive for developers (which I can understand looking at how much bigger the customer base is). If v5 was a big improvement over v4 - like v4 was over v3 because of the 64bit environment - then it would clearly be the future simulator. But this isn't the case with v5, not only because it's not SUCH a big improvement, but also because MSFS was around the corner and seen as the future simulator in mid-term.
So, I would fully respect if any developer would go for MSFS developments only now (as I did for all developers, when they skipped FS9, FSX, and P3d 32bit at some point sooner or later), but NOT, if they have shown extremely nice screenshots for years in a certain simulator and announced to finally (ever in FS history I believe) make an important scenery that would connect the smaller dots in NZ/Oceania (Christchurch, Wellington, Queenstown, Dunedin,... Australia...) and then telling people that they won't in the end.
Regards, Dominik

emersonbattle
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 am
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by emersonbattle » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:29 pm

BudSpencer wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:53 pm
To say it that clearly, I'm really pissed!! Neither do I have any right to decide which simulator any developer has to release his sceneries, nor do I know how much work a release for both P3d v4 and v5 is. But there are very, very few developers who didn't manage to bring out their new sceneries for v4 when they did it for v5 - and those who did have often been sceneries that have been developed when v5 was already on the horizon (such as PKSIM Lima). OK for that.
I don't remember when Auckland was annouced, but it feels like it was before even P3d v4 was out (?). With all respect for unforeseen reasons - be it personal, technical or strategic reasons - to postpone the development (that everyone here has fully respected as far as I can remember), we've seen extremely nice screeshots of NZAA in P3d v4 over years, just to hear now, that it won't ever be seen there!
It's not that I would have a problem to spend the money into P3d v5 itself, but it's simply the fact that a lot (and I really mean A LOT) of addons that are running fine in v4 won't be availible or stable in v5 yet. And many of them will never be made as MSFS is simply too attractive for developers (which I can understand looking at how much bigger the customer base is). If v5 was a big improvement over v4 - like v4 was over v3 because of the 64bit environment - then it would clearly be the future simulator. But this isn't the case with v5, not only because it's not SUCH a big improvement, but also because MSFS was around the corner and seen as the future simulator in mid-term.
So, I would fully respect if any developer would go for MSFS developments only now (as I did for all developers, when they skipped FS9, FSX, and P3d 32bit at some point sooner or later), but NOT, if they have shown extremely nice screenshots for years in a certain simulator and announced to finally (ever in FS history I believe) make an important scenery that would connect the smaller dots in NZ/Oceania (Christchurch, Wellington, Queenstown, Dunedin,... Australia...) and then telling people that they won't in the end.
^^^ I agree with what he said ^^^

It’s also worth mentioning that even PKSim came back and released their Lima scenery for P3Dv4. If you are interested BudSpencer, you can find it on SimMarket’s website. I have it and it’s great!

User avatar
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
Posts: 3015
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm
Reputation: 117
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. As I already said I'll be considering this for P3Dv4 as well. People who know me will say "consider" usually means yes, I simply don't like giving definite answers in undefined times.
What I do want to point out is a warning against trolling and harassment about this, especially via email. I don't know why this seems to be the norm but I usually don't tolerate it. This will swiftly change any consideration I had.
Image

emersonbattle
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 am
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by emersonbattle » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:49 pm

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:42 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys. As I already said I'll be considering this for P3Dv4 as well. People who know me will say "consider" usually means yes, I simply don't like giving definite answers in undefined times.
What I do want to point out is a warning against trolling and harassment about this, especially via email. I don't know why this seems to be the norm but I usually don't tolerate it. This will swiftly change any consideration I had.
Perfect! Consideration is all that anyone can really ask for. That’s better than a definite “Nope… upgrade.” Or “Buy it and try your luck.”

As for trolling, I’m sorry if it felt like that from me. I felt like your earlier answers were a little dismissive and because of that I had a lot of opinion to share. I know I’m pretty outspoken. If you felt I said too much, I’m sorry you felt that way and I apologize.

trisho0
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm
Reputation: 6
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by trisho0 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Please, let's stop been so negative. We know the Developer will take the necessary time and will release the scenery for P3Dv4 as well especially that P3Dv5 still a bit of raw like MSFS2020. The Developer is an Artist and he does very nice artwork sceneries we know that. So, let's keep our fingers crossed to have better luck (lol). I feel NZAA will be ready very soon.
Patricio

Sattybear
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:36 pm
Reputation: 1
New Zealand

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Sattybear » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Christ!! this P3Dv4 crowd is so overbearing and self absorbed. Be thankful that at least NZAA is being made, so many of us have been waiting for years for someone to take a proper crack at it, there is absolutely nothing out there that’s worth considering for NZAA apart from this ONE development, the fact that its even happening at all for any platform is a huge win. So stop moping and hounding Flightbeam, sounding like a broken record with post after post about P3Dv4. Developers are not obligated to cater for old and outdated sims. Move with the times or accept that new things might not work with your old versions.
Last edited by Sattybear on Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Wolkenschreck
Verified Customer
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:11 am
Reputation: 7
Germany

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Wolkenschreck » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:24 am

With all the MSFS releases in the sim community lately (and yes, MSFS is indeed an impressive platform) I am simply glad that NZAA will come to P3D. Thus, just a thank you that you not leave the P3D community behind, Mir!

User avatar
BudSpencer
Verified Customer
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:19 am
Reputation: 6
Germany

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by BudSpencer » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:13 pm

Thanks a lot for reconcidering it!! :) I will be a day-1 buyer, if it becomes reality.
Sattybear wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:28 pm
Christ!! this P3Dv4 crowd is so overbearing and self absorbed. Be thankful that at least NZAA is being made, so many of us have been waiting for years for someone to take a proper crack at it, there is absolutely nothing out there that’s worth considering for NZAA apart from this ONE development, the fact that its even happening at all for any platform is a huge win. So stop moping and hounding Flightbeam, sounding like a broken record with post after post about P3Dv4. Developers are not obligated to cater for old and outdated sims. Move with the times or accept that new things might not work with your old versions.
I think we ARE thankful it's being made. But I wouldn't call P3d v4 an old outdated sim, just because there is something newer availible. It's not that someone longed for a 32bit version.. The problem would just be, if scenery A was availible for P3d v3 only, scenery B for P3d v4 only and scenery C for MSFS only, you would never be able to fly between those 3. And in the case of Auckland, this would be the case in some ways.
Of course MSFS may have priority and I have no doubt I (and many others) will switch some day in future, when proper PW aircraft will be availible, too. Also no doubt I will afford the scenery then and I'll pay any upgrade fee of course. I just see it could be years before the likes of PMDG and FSL,... will be ready, too. But for now, I still see a lot of potential in v4, concerning airline flyers (many of whom prefer quality over price).

emersonbattle wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:29 pm
It’s also worth mentioning that even PKSim came back and released their Lima scenery for P3Dv4. If you are interested BudSpencer, you can find it on SimMarket’s website. I have it and it’s great!
Absolutely! Thanks for the info! Was one of my favoutites back in FSX times with LativVFR.
Regards, Dominik

Mickel
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:58 pm
Reputation: 4
New Zealand

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by Mickel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:53 am

If I may toss my two pennies in, the Navigraph survey had V4 and V5 usage results within cooee of each other. I understand your v4 sales may have dried up, however is that due to many of us already having most/all of your airports? :P AKL has much Airbus/Boeing traffic, which it still a forte for v4 - certainly more so than the shiny new toy. It could be argued that the reason people have stuck with v4 is it is the most 'complete' sim (of the FSX descendants at least), and will likely remain so for some time. The transition of things to v5 had the MSFS spanner thrown in the works.

On a personal note, I have three insta-buys on my list this year - the rest of OpenLC, a certain big Boeing and your AKL. They have patiently occupied said list for two or three years now (along with a B377 I don't think will ever happen...). And they all complement each other so well. While I would understand why you wouldn't want to support v4, I'd nevertheless be a little disappointed if that's where it ended up.


Mike

emersonbattle
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 am
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Official Preview Forum

Post by emersonbattle » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:24 pm

Sattybear wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:28 pm
Christ!! this P3Dv4 crowd is so overbearing and self absorbed. Be thankful that at least NZAA is being made, so many of us have been waiting for years for someone to take a proper crack at it, there is absolutely nothing out there that’s worth considering for NZAA apart from this ONE development, the fact that its even happening at all for any platform is a huge win. So stop moping and hounding Flightbeam, sounding like a broken record with post after post about P3Dv4. Developers are not obligated to cater for old and outdated sims. Move with the times or accept that new things might not work with your old versions.
Pump your breaks Sattybear... I can't speak for everyone, but I own P3Dv4, P3Dv5 and MSFS. I use P3Dv4 primarily because at the moment, more 3rd party software is compatible with P3Dv4 than MSFS, and P3Dv5 just doesn't offer enough improvement to justify the change to P3Dv5. As MSFS becomes compatible with more products, I'll be jumping straight from V4 to MSFS. In any case, I'll use whatever sim I chose. My only complaint before was the developers statement that it will only be compatible with v5, in conjunction with his statement that we should just buy it and try to install it in v4. Trying to have it both ways is a little shady to say the least and I called him on it. What difference does it make to you?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest