North Island Scenery Issues  [SOLVED]

Official Support Forum
mwr2410
New Zealand

North Island Scenery Issues

Post by mwr2410 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:45 pm

First of all thank you for the scenery itself, which is well done and working as it should.

My issues come from the rest of the North island; After following the manual and disable the correct orbx files i still have very big issues around the North Island Such as terrain being invisible, water being replaced by terrain and no autogen in most places. Disabling the scenery in my sim rectifies this problem. I would appreciate if a fix would be pushed for this so we can enjoy all of the Reigonal Destinations Auckland Offers. Attached is an example of my problem.

[img][https://imgur.com/a/zzGkINN/img]

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Re: North Island Scenery Issues

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:14 pm

mwr2410 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:45 pm
First of all thank you for the scenery itself, which is well done and working as it should.

My issues come from the rest of the North island; After following the manual and disable the correct orbx files i still have very big issues around the North Island Such as terrain being invisible, water being replaced by terrain and no autogen in most places. Disabling the scenery in my sim rectifies this problem. I would appreciate if a fix would be pushed for this so we can enjoy all of the Reigonal Destinations Auckland Offers. Attached is an example of my problem.

Hi there and thanks for your feedback. I agree these will need to be rectified. We’ll try to work with Orbx to fix some of these issues as there will need to be changes on their side as well so both products can work.

mwr2410
New Zealand

Post by mwr2410 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:21 pm

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:14 pm
mwr2410 wrote:

Hi there and thanks for your feedback. I agree these will need to be rectified. We’ll try to work with Orbx to fix some of these issues as there will need to be changes on their side as well so both products can work.
What should the orbx settings be in the central app, still inserted below wellington which is quite far down my scenery library or below auckland which is at the top? furthermore how come NZWN is placed so far down the list and NZAA isnt?

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:19 pm

Ultimately, none of this really matters as long as ALL of the Flightbeam Airports or any other third party developer for that matter are above your ORBX entries. That is all the matters.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:29 pm

mwr2410 wrote:

Hi there, just an update:

To resolve this, head over to the Flightbeam Manager and then Troubleshooting. Scroll to the section for NZAA. Turn on the following files:

300_FTX_NZNI_LCpoly_9445_Auckland.BGL
0_excl_FTX_NZNI_GUID_all.BGL

By turn "on".. I mean they should be RED.. and the ".off" should not be there for those two files.

Let me know if that works for you. Also, Orbx is currently working on making their NZNI more compatible with NZAA, so likely a future patch coming.

mwr2410
New Zealand

Post by mwr2410 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:46 pm

Ok i have tried these and still no luck. however we did get some progress, i now have water and autogen in some places but not all, also the option to disable and enable 300_FTX_NZNI_LCpoly_9445_Auckland.BGL is not in the configurator but had to be done manually for me. Is it a possibility that the installer disables some files in the back end?

Here's what I have after a fresh install of both orbx and FB Auckland.
https://imgur.com/a/NgDufhy

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:47 am

mwr2410 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:46 pm
Ok i have tried these and still no luck. however we did get some progress, i now have water and autogen in some places but not all, also the option to disable and enable 300_FTX_NZNI_LCpoly_9445_Auckland.BGL is not in the configurator but had to be done manually for me. Is it a possibility that the installer disables some files in the back end?

Here's what I have after a fresh install of both orbx and FB Auckland.
https://imgur.com/a/NgDufhy
Where is this screenshot taken, specifically?

mwr2410
New Zealand

Post by mwr2410 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:14 pm

Over tauranga, however no matter where I move in the north island there are issues, some less severe than others, however I have seen it is worst on the north east coast. Any ideas?

mwr2410
New Zealand

Re: North Island Scenery Issues  [SOLVED]

Post by mwr2410 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:24 pm

Well with the help of another user we fixed the issue, turns out it was orbx libraries causing the problem. I installed FB NZAA then NZNI then Libraries and all is fixed. Thanks for your help and i can now enjoy the product properly

Pessanha
Verified Customer
Brazil

Post by Pessanha » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:00 pm

mwr2410 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:24 pm
Well with the help of another user we fixed the issue, turns out it was orbx libraries causing the problem. I installed FB NZAA then NZNI then Libraries and all is fixed. Thanks for your help and i can now enjoy the product properly
Hello there, I am having the same issue, do you mind to share how you fixed it?

Thanks!!!

mwr2410
New Zealand

Post by mwr2410 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Pessanha wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:00 pm
mwr2410 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:24 pm
Hello there, I am having the same issue, do you mind to share how you fixed it?

Thanks!!!
Hey, I fixed it by installing FB NZAA, then uninstalling North Island + Orbx Libraries, Reinstalling both then Verifying Orbx Libraries Files. Let Me know if this works.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:42 am

Thank you for explaining that and helping others. We will see if that worked for them.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5