Reminder: Forums are intended for user-to-user support and discussions. Official support replies are not guaranteed.

NO dynamic lighting

Official Support Forum
dandatallguy9
New Zealand

NO dynamic lighting

Post by dandatallguy9 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:13 pm

Hey Team looking for help I keep having an issue with my dynamic lighting not going at night with almost every airport and mainly Flight Beam airports but don't know how to fix if anyone has had this issue please let me know and yes Dynamic lighting is ticked everywhere on scenery Config and in P3Dv5.

SammyH
United States of America

Re: NO dynamic lighting

Post by SammyH » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:39 am

Dan, not sure if you have tried this yet, but if you want to take a look at our FAQ section in the link below and see if you have tried those steps outlined.

https://shop.flightbeam.net/apps/help-c ... ut-of-view

Hope that helps.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

adambarnett
New Zealand

Post by adambarnett » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:01 am

Hi Sammy,

I am having a similar issue - I have done steps in the FAQ regarding the MAXSPOTLIGHTS (Currently set to 1000), any other recommendations?

Kind Regards
Adam

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:03 am

adambarnett wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:01 am
Hi Sammy,

I am having a similar issue - I have done steps in the FAQ regarding the MAXSPOTLIGHTS (Currently set to 1000), any other recommendations?

Kind Regards
Adam
Hi Adam, first let's figure out if your issue is exactly what the OP has. The OP has a general issue with Dynamic lights with all his airports that use DL. So it's not necessarily a Flightbeam issue, and not much we can do on our end.
Do Dynamic lights appear at other airports? Or just NZAA having the issue?

If other airports are having a problem as well, my recommendation is to post over at the Prepar3D support forums as that may be a global sim issue not related to the scenery.
If it's just NZAA, we can troubleshoot further.

dandatallguy9
New Zealand

Post by dandatallguy9 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:30 pm

I have done the same as Adam and same issue but its only Flightbeam dynamic lighting not going on KSFO KDEN NZWN NZAA

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:54 am

Do you have Orbx NZNI? Try to temporarily disable it in the Scenery Library just to see if it has any effect. This may give us a better understanding of what is going on.
Also, what aircraft are you using when this happens? Does it happen with all aircraft or certain ones?

dandatallguy9
New Zealand

Post by dandatallguy9 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:55 am

Yes I have Orbx North and South but doenst explain it in KSFO and KDEN I have some photos of my settings. Also happening to every aircarft and its not even lighting your buildings
Attachments
Screenshot_24.png
Screenshot_23.png
Screenshot_22.png
Screenshot_21.png
Screenshot_20.png
Screenshot_19.png
Screenshot_18.png
Screenshot_17.png
Screenshot_16.png
Screenshot_15.png

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:08 pm

dandatallguy9 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:55 am
Yes I have Orbx North and South but doenst explain it in KSFO and KDEN I have some photos of my settings. Also happening to every aircarft and its not even lighting your buildings
Did you try what I suggested? This is important for troubleshooting, because we're not able to duplicate this issue.

Instructions below:
Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:54 am
Do you have Orbx NZNI? Try to temporarily disable it in the Scenery Library just to see if it has any effect. This may give us a better understanding of what is going on.