Reminder: Forums are intended for user-to-user support and discussions. Official support replies are not guaranteed.

KDEN ILS approach issues  [SOLVED]

Official Support Forum
CajunLTE
United States of America

KDEN ILS approach issues

Post by CajunLTE » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:54 am

I am using the lastest Navigraph Cycle 2010-revision.12 available and have had several issues where the ILS approach seems to be about 40-50ft to the left of the center of the runway. Trying to figure out what is causing it. KDEN is very nice indeed and would love to get this resolved. :D

Erik
Netherlands

Re: KDEN ILS approach issues

Post by Erik » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:41 am

Have you tried with the stock NavData? In this way you can rule out if the issue is caused by the scenery or Navigraph ;)
CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.40 Ghz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | GPU: GTX 1080ti | VRAM: 11 GB | MSFS

Theersink
United States of America

Post by Theersink » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:41 am

I also have this issue and it does not occur with the default airport from MSFS nor with the defaul airport + Navigraph data.

If I remove the flightbeam version the ILS is correct.

I am using the Marketplace installed version as well.

DrkLink66
United States of America

Post by DrkLink66 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:26 am

I too have this issue with marketplace version of KDEN. None of the ILS frequencies work. I have taken a cessna up and flew a circle around the airport tuning each runways ILS and they do not come in. Doing the same on default (Handcrafted Asobo version) and the ILS works. I have removed default KDEN from content manager as per installation instructions and the FB KDEN ILS' still do not come in.
Friend who also has FB KDEN has the same issue with ILS. He has the standard KDEN (non hand crafted) airport and still able to pick up ILS with the default airport.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi there,
Thanks for the reports. We'll look into this to see what the issue is.

Erik
Netherlands

Post by Erik » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:07 am

I think there are 2 issues reported here:
- ILS not being picked up -> this is a known issue with 3rd party scenery. If you enter the ILS manually it will work
- ILS off-set in combination with Navigraph -> Question: does is work with the stock data?
CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.40 Ghz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | GPU: GTX 1080ti | VRAM: 11 GB | MSFS

Theersink
United States of America

Post by Theersink » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:44 pm

Erik wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:07 am
I think there are 2 issues reported here:
- ILS not being picked up -> this is a known issue with 3rd party scenery. If you enter the ILS manually it will work
- ILS off-set in combination with Navigraph -> Question: does is work with the stock data?
As stated it does not occur with the default airport and Navigraph data OR just the default data. It is not a Navigraph issue. Removing Flightbeam KDEN resolves the ILS issues with or without Navigraph.

DrkLink66
United States of America

Post by DrkLink66 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:25 pm

Erik wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:07 am
Assuming then that it's an SDK issue for 3rd party airports and navigation. As even manually entering the ILS frequencies flying around KDEN in a 172 I was still unable to pick them up.

BrzI
Canada

Post by BrzI » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:31 pm

The issue is also present in the new KPDX for FS2020. I expect that FB will eventually sort it out.

BrzI
Canada

Post by BrzI » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:08 am

I did a flight to 28L at KPDX yesterday using the A32NX Project neo.

It did not automatically pick up the ILS frequency - like it does in all other sceneries - including one 3rd party scenery. But when I manually tuned the ILS frequency the ILS diamonds became active and I was able to engage the glide slop just fine.

Not sure about the Asobo aA320 behaviour....

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 am

Hi all, just an update on this issue after some investigation. There seems to be 2 different issues in this topic, so I'll address my findings for each one:

- ILS not being picked up automatically by aircraft: It appears this is a widespread issue with addon airports. We've encountered other devs investigating the same problem. The solution will be to create a custom ILS entry for each runway. Read further below on why this is a problem at the moment.

- Navigraph beta: ILS is offset from the runway. The solution is the same as above, the runways will need custom ILS entries.

The problem right now, is that Asobo has finally responded and has confirmed that ILS nav data at the moment is not editable by third party devs. This is apparently being worked on, however they have noted that "ILS data is complicated, so it will take some time to get them editable".

Therefore at the moment, we're waiting on the SDK in order for us to solve the problem. Right now we're stuck with stock data.

I'll update this thread when we have some movement on this topic. Thanks!

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:31 am

For now, I will mark this topic as solved since Mir has given a thorough explanation to the issue. When there is more to report, as he mentioned, he or I will post something.

Until then, thank you for your support and continued patience.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

jfwharton
United States of America

Post by jfwharton » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:17 am

Hello. Is there any update on this issue? I am still not able to fly ILS approaches into Flightbeam's KDEN because they are not aligned with the runways. For now I have uninstalled the Flightbeam airport and am using the handcrafted KDEN by Asobo as the ILS's work with that airport. Would like to be able to fly out of and into Flightbeam's KDEN again.

coneal81
United States of America

Post by coneal81 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:23 am

I'd appreciate an update also. I've just started having the ILS issues at KDEN after Sim Update 4. I've also had to revert back to the Asobo KDEN so I can do proper ILS landings. I hope this issue can be resolved soon. Thank you.

DFWSupertrooper
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by DFWSupertrooper » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:42 am

I'm having issues here as well. Every time I fly into KDEN 16R, I cannot seem to get ILS at all. An update or workaround would be great if you guys have any ideas. Thanks!

McFly632
Germany

Post by McFly632 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:58 am

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 am
I assume there hasn't been an update since October 2020? Then why are you selling this airport when you know the ILS is not working? Would really like my money back TBH.

DFWSupertrooper
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by DFWSupertrooper » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:58 pm

McFly632 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:58 am
Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
I assume there hasn't been an update since October 2020? Then why are you selling this airport when you know the ILS is not working? Would really like my money back TBH.
I wouldn't go that far by any stretch, but I understand the frustration for sure. I'm trying an experiment as I type this, flying into the same approach after I changed the order of KDEN in the Content file (which, theoretically should move KDEN and its own proprietary approach information up in priority above all other data) to see if that helps.

I'll report back here after I land tonight (I'm about 1/3 into a 7hr flight). Still a gorgeous airport that'll get fixed one way or another. Have faith in these guys! :D

McFly632
Germany

Post by McFly632 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:55 pm

DFWSupertrooper wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:58 pm
McFly632 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:58 am
Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
I wouldn't go that far by any stretch, but I understand the frustration for sure. I'm trying an experiment as I type this, flying into the same approach after I changed the order of KDEN in the Content file (which, theoretically should move KDEN and its own proprietary approach information up in priority above all other data) to see if that helps.

I'll report back here after I land tonight (I'm about 1/3 into a 7hr flight). Still a gorgeous airport that'll get fixed one way or another. Have faith in these guys! :D
It's strange that Flightbeam is saying it's due to the inability to edit ILS settings, but I have other addon airports (commercial ones, like EDDV, EDDM, EDLP) where the ILS works just fine.

DFWSupertrooper
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by DFWSupertrooper » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:54 pm

McFly632 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:55 pm
It's strange that Flightbeam is saying it's due to the inability to edit ILS settings, but I have other addon airports (commercial ones, like EDDV, EDDM, EDLP) where the ILS works just fine.
Yeah, I think I know why. My theory panned out. Just worked perfectly!

So, if you're like me, most likely the airport is installed below in priority in the Content file (likely because it's older in our file than the most recent Navigraph updated nav data), making anything above it a higher priority (overwriting the ILS data in the airport scenery files which aren't exactly lined up with KDEN apparently).

Navigate to your primary MSFS Packages folder (based on where you installed it). Inside that, navigate to LocalCache folder. Inside that, you will find an XML file called Content. Open that file in your chosen text editor (I use Notepad++) and move the entire flightbeam-kden line above the entire navigraph-navdata line, then make sure you remove any unwanted spaces or weird things in between from cutting/pasting.

Resave changes, close, and try again. For me it worked. If you don't have Navigraph data, it could be the default Asobo fs-base-nav messing you up I suppose. Worth a shot anyway, because all you're doing is making the KDEN scenery file a higher priority than everything else below it.

Good luck! :D

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:06 am

Hi there, thanks for your feedback.
There's an ILS update coming this week for Flightbeam store users if all goes well. Later this month for MSFS Marketplace users since MS is severely backlogged and takes weeks for updates to be approved.

I'm sorry it has taken so long. When we first heard about the problem, I had it fixed right away, then another update broke it again. Now we're once again chasing a new update which is breaking things again on a much larger scale (Sim Update V). Instead of patching things from previous MSFS updates, I'm now patching things for a future update.. which is the reason why this fix has taken so long.
McFly632 wrote:
The latest KDEN that you likely have installed now has custom ILS settings we edited... so there might be some confusion here.. or perhaps you read an older comment where we used to not have the ability to make custom ILS settings. This is not the current problem. The current problem is Asobo keeps changing the way custom ILS works and things break with updates.

In addition, KDEN is a bit quirky with ILS and other things, likely because of some core assets they placed there for their "hand-crafted" KDEN which is part of the Deluxe package. For this reason we've had a lot of challenges, everything from their addon conflicting with ours and providing no solutions, to their default nav data methods changing almost every update.

All of our other airports have proper working ILS in MSFS.

Thus the comparison to other developers is irrelevant.

DFWSupertrooper
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by DFWSupertrooper » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:13 am

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:06 am
Hi there, thanks for your feedback.
There's an ILS update coming this week for Flightbeam store users if all goes well. Later this month for MSFS Marketplace users since MS is severely backlogged and takes weeks for updates to be approved.

I'm sorry it has taken so long. When we first heard about the problem, I had it fixed right away, then another update broke it again. Now we're once again chasing a new update which is breaking things again on a much larger scale (Sim Update V). Instead of patching things from previous MSFS updates, I'm now patching things for a future update.. which is the reason why this fix has taken so long.
McFly632 wrote:
The latest KDEN that you likely have installed now has custom ILS settings we edited... so there might be some confusion here.. or perhaps you read an older comment where we used to not have the ability to make custom ILS settings. This is not the current problem. The current problem is Asobo keeps changing the way custom ILS works and things break with updates.

In addition, KDEN is a bit quirky with ILS and other things, likely because of some core assets they placed there for their "hand-crafted" KDEN which is part of the Deluxe package. For this reason we've had a lot of challenges, everything from their addon conflicting with ours and providing no solutions, to their default nav data methods changing almost every update.

Thus the comparison to other developers is irrelevant.
Thanks for any updates, Mir! You guys are always worth waiting for. IMHO, unquestionably the best in the biz. Can't wait for more North American hubs from you guys, but I'll buy anything you put out there that continues the same level of quality. ;)

coneal81
United States of America

Post by coneal81 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:04 am

Awesome to hear about the update! Also thank you DFW. I deleted the content file and let MSFS rewrite it. It put the navigraph data at the bottom and the ILS at KDEN worked perfectly!

DFWSupertrooper
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by DFWSupertrooper » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:45 am

coneal81 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:04 am
Awesome to hear about the update! Also thank you DFW. I deleted the content file and let MSFS rewrite it. It put the navigraph data at the bottom and the ILS at KDEN worked perfectly!
So glad to hear it!!

McFly632
Germany

Post by McFly632 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:59 pm

coneal81 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:04 am
Did the same thing (edit the content.xml file), and now everything works fine. Thanks, DFW, and thanks to Mir for the update.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Re: KDEN ILS approach issues  [SOLVED]

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:47 pm

Glad to hear the workaround is successful, and thanks DFWSupertrooper for posting it (and your support)

At the same time we've gone ahead and pushed an update today for KDEN to fix any lingering ILS issues. There should technically be no more ILS issues.. but in case you do experience an issue just let me know.

Thanks for your patience!

Heads up: There will be another KDEN Patch coming around the time of Sim Update V, being released on the 27th. This will make sure KDEN is compatible with that new update.

DFWSupertrooper
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by DFWSupertrooper » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Happy to help and thank YOU!

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:30 pm

No problem at all @DFW
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

jfwharton
United States of America

Post by jfwharton » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:08 am

I installed KDEN version 1.06 through the Contrail App and tried the ILS approaches. All are working now. Yeah! Thank you very much!

McFly632
Germany

Post by McFly632 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:37 am

jfwharton wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:08 am
I installed KDEN version 1.06 through the Contrail App and tried the ILS approaches. All are working now. Yeah! Thank you very much!
I tried to update running the app as administrator, but I'm getting an error "Contrail Library not writable"

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:38 am

jfwharton wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:08 am
Glad all is working for you.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

mdfmike
United States of America

Post by mdfmike » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:34 pm

When will version 1.06 be available to be downloaded from Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020? Considering it is August 21st, and almost a month since the SU5 was released, doesn't MS provide vendors with a process or a sprint to accomodate critical break fixes? I had to uninstall Flightbeam KDEN and reinstall the MS version after SU5. Last night, I uninstalled the stock KDEN and installed Flightbeam KDEN, but, that only updated KDEN from version 1.04 to 1.05.

Keirtt
United States of America

Post by Keirtt » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:25 pm

I'm also curious about why the marketplace 1.06 hasn't released yet. It's been over a month since this was mentioned as coming to the marketplace. Just did a flight into KDEN tonight and totally forgot about this bug, only to find I was still sitting on 1.05. Any updates would be extremely helpful!

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:35 am

Hi there,

We were advised that the update was to appear last Friday. It seems it's still not up. I'm not sure what the problem is, I literally have no control over this. Developer complaints seem to go no where, so I would advise posting in their forums, they seem to listen to their customers more.
I've issued two updates to KDEN in the last month, so the latest version you'll see, once eventually release in the Marketplace sometime this century.. is 1.0.7
Sometimes it's almost like an intentional pushback against developers, especially if their product competes with one of their Asobo "handcrafted" airports.

I know I've posted this info before.. but I highly recommend purchasing directly from developers. There is no indication whatsoever that there are improvements coming to the Marketplace. In fact it has gotten dramatically worse over the past few months. Expect future Marketplace updates to appear 6+ weeks after release.

Keirtt
United States of America

Post by Keirtt » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:32 am

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:35 am
Hi there,

We were advised that the update was to appear last Friday. It seems it's still not up. I'm not sure what the problem is, I literally have no control over this. Developer complaints seem to go no where, so I would advise posting in their forums, they seem to listen to their customers more.
I've issued two updates to KDEN in the last month, so the latest version you'll see, once eventually release in the Marketplace sometime this century.. is 1.0.7
Sometimes it's almost like an intentional pushback against developers, especially if their product competes with one of their Asobo "handcrafted" airports.

I know I've posted this info before.. but I highly recommend purchasing directly from developers. There is no indication whatsoever that there are improvements coming to the Marketplace. In fact it has gotten dramatically worse over the past few months. Expect future Marketplace updates to appear 6+ weeks after release.
Thanks for the information. I've reached out to see if we can get some more information as to what's going on, Hoping we can get a reply. Thanks for the great work Mir. FlightBeam has some of the best sceneries, hence why I've purchased almost all of them. On a side note, I was able to resolve my ILS issue by using the work around, but obviously I'd like to benefit from the rest of the updates. Thanks!

Keirtt
United States of America

Post by Keirtt » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:22 pm

Can confirm 1.07 is now available in the marketplace!

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:22 am

Lo and behold.. 1.0.7 is indeed now available in the Marketplace. Thanks for your patience!

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:35 am

Great news for all.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff