Reminder: Forums are intended for user-to-user support and discussions. Official support replies are not guaranteed.

KDEN CTD Issue

Official Support Forum
coneal81
United States of America

KDEN CTD Issue

Post by coneal81 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:00 pm

Hello,

I noticed the issue about MSFS crashing when landing on 07 at KDEN is listed on the known issues page:

"September 17 - 2021
Since the latest MSFS "hotfix", we've been made aware that a CTD can occur if you land on RWY 7. We've aware of this issue and have been able to reproduce it. We should have a fix coming within 7 days. Thanks for your patience!

Note: CTD will not occur if you land on other runways."

My issue is that I'm also getting CTD when spawning at KDEN and going through pre-flight setup. Sometimes it will CTD while still at the gate and other times while I was trying to taxi to 08. Is this the same bug as landing at 07? Is there an update on when this fix will be released?

Thank you.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Re: KDEN CTD Issue

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:26 am

Hi there,

To be honest, I'm not sure if this is the same issue. There's been so many bugs since Sim Update 5 we cannot keep track, and some of them we cannot reproduce on our machines, such as your CTD.
We did learn yesterday that the RWY 07 bug is caused directly by the sim and Asobo has acknowledged it. They have indicated that the next World Update should fix that issue. Hopefully that will fix your CTD as well.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:22 pm

Quick update:

If you are getting CTD - do you have Navigraph installed, or any other addon that changes nav data? If so try removing it and try again. Please let us know if that changes anything.

joca133
United States of America

Post by joca133 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:16 pm

I experience the same thing and created an account here to find answers.

Tried running with only KDEN in the community folder and it still crashed upon approach (base to 17R and departing as well). I do have navigraph, but at this point decided to keep KDEN uninstalled until this is attended to properly. Too much hassle to mess with navigraph for me, but there is something clearly broken in this scenario.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:09 pm

As Mir has previously explained, the break is with MSFS which has been acknowledged by Asobo. Unfortunately not much we can do on our end until they fix there product. This is just one of many issues with the last SU. Let's hope that they will be resolved with the upcoming SU which is set to be out on 17 Oct.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

asegm08
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by asegm08 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:21 pm

Looks like I am having the same issue. Yes I do have Navigraph installed so I guess I will just have to wait for the update.
Follow me on : Instagram
See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:08 am

asegm08 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:21 pm
Looks like I am having the same issue. Yes I do have Navigraph installed so I guess I will just have to wait for the update.
What update? There is currently no update that will fix this random CTD. Only the CTD that will occur when landing on RWY07 which is a completely different issue, caused by SimUpdate 5.

Since we are not experiencing the same issue and unable to replicate the problem, there is no solution available unless you help us troubleshoot. This would involve temporarily removing Navigraph to see if the problem persists. It's quite easy to do so, simply move the navigraph folders from the Community folder to a different, temporary location.

Navigraph has consistently proved to be problematic with Addon airports. We're also experiencing major issues with Navigraph and our NZAA which is work-in-progress, mainly since it overrides all custom navdata. In some scenarios this causes a CTD, it's a known issue with Navigraph and it's the reason why we're asking you to remove it to see if it resolves the issue, or not.
joca133 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:16 pm
but there is something clearly broken in this scenario.
So far every single CTD, and other major issues has been due to a bug with MSFS, not our product. Once we find the cause of this bug, I can assure you it's something Asobo will need to fix, not us. We have direct communication with Asobo and they have acknowledged every issue we forward to them. This CTD started after Sim Update 5. We didn't change anything in the product during that time.

joca133
United States of America

Post by joca133 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:27 pm

joca133 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:16 pm
but there is something clearly broken in this scenario.
So far every single CTD, and other major issues has been due to a bug with MSFS, not our product. Once we find the cause of this bug, I can assure you it's something Asobo will need to fix, not us. We have direct communication with Asobo and they have acknowledged every issue we forward to them. This CTD started after Sim Update 5. We didn't change anything in the product during that time.
[/quote]

I understand, but it is terrible for customers to pay for a scenario they can`t use. Mandatory updates are the downfall of MSFS for developers, there is no way I am investing in mods if every couple of weeks they stop working after a new forced update.
KDEN is uninstalled until you guys report a solution.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:42 am

joca133 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:27 pm
KDEN is uninstalled until you guys report a solution.
That is currently the problem I'm trying to point out. The CTD issue is only affecting a very small handful of customers who for the most part, have been unable or unwilling to help troubleshoot the problem.

For this reason there is currently no solution or fix in the horizon, unless Asobo is seeing this issue elsewhere and has a fix lined up for WU6.

coneal81
United States of America

Post by coneal81 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:49 am

I installed the new Navigraph Nav Cycle yesterday and performed two flights out and in to KDEN. First was taking off using RWY 08 and had no issues. Second was coming in and landing on 17R and had no issues. It's possible the new Nav Cycle has fixed my CTD.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:09 am

coneal81 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:49 am
I installed the new Navigraph Nav Cycle yesterday and performed two flights out and in to KDEN. First was taking off using RWY 08 and had no issues. Second was coming in and landing on 17R and had no issues. It's possible the new Nav Cycle has fixed my CTD.
Navigraph was my prime suspicion all along, so this is interesting to hear. Thanks for letting us know!