KPDX Causes CTD with SU4

Official Support Forum
Redleg101
United States of America

KPDX Causes CTD with SU4

Post by Redleg101 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:06 pm

Greetings,

I just purchased the KPDX addon scenery through the MSFS Marketplace today after SU4 dropped. Tried setting up a flight from KPDX to KMFR and the game crashes while loading into the flight. Tried flying to KPDX from Hillsboro, game crashes when I get within a couple miles of KPDX. Has anyone had similar issues?

iblueyonder
United States of America

Re: KPDX Causes CTD with SU4

Post by iblueyonder » Wed May 26, 2021 6:58 am

I've been so busy I haven't even had the chance to try out SU4 yet. I'll have a look at it this week.
Bill Womack
Polypoke & Pixel Cowboy

i7-6700k 4GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce 1070 8GB VRAM - Windows 10 - P3D 4.4

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Wed May 26, 2021 8:39 am

Please keep in mind that a bunch of these SU drop without third party vendor notice or without third party testing. So many user just assume that it works and do the updates and then problems appear because we have not properly tested them yet and made a patch ready to go when the SU releases. This takes time to figure out and people tend to get irritated because now they have to wait for a fix. As Bill mentioned, he will look at it this week, but please allow time to analyze any issues and the time we will need to create a patch to fix them.

All we ask is that people be patient while we work through testing these updates for bugs.

Thank you all for your understanding.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

Redleg101
United States of America

Post by Redleg101 » Wed May 26, 2021 4:19 pm

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate you guys looking into it. I just purchased this airport addon last night so I had never used it before SU4 released. Please don't think that I was complaining that it doesn't work due to the update, I understand that updates tot he game software can and likely will affect third party addons. I was a bit surprised though because I bought the addon through the in game marketplace I assumed it would have been tested. I also posted in here to find out if anyone else had the CTD or if it was just me. Again, if anyone else has had the issue please let me know and for the devs thanks for looking into it and I hope that it can be resolved because I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bummed that I spent the money and it doesn't work.

Best regards and patiently waiting.

Redleg101
United States of America

Post by Redleg101 » Thu May 27, 2021 8:38 am

Update:

I was able to get the addon to work after removing all other mods from the community folder. I am not sure which other mod or addon was causing the problem yet, but I am loading them one at a time to see if I can isolate the culprit. I will post again if I figure out what the conflict was. Thanks for your time and attention to this matter.

iblueyonder
United States of America

Post by iblueyonder » Fri May 28, 2021 10:24 am

Thanks for the update, Redleg101. I just tried running KPDX in SU4, and it loaded without a problem. The first place to look is probably other scenery packages that are close to Portland, if you have any. I'd be interested to know where the problem lies.
Bill Womack
Polypoke & Pixel Cowboy

i7-6700k 4GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce 1070 8GB VRAM - Windows 10 - P3D 4.4

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun May 30, 2021 1:14 am

Redleg101, appreciate the feedback and your effort.

Interested to know what you find.

Thank you.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

pigloafnz
New Zealand

Post by pigloafnz » Mon May 31, 2021 2:21 pm

Redleg101 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:19 pm
Thanks for the responses. I appreciate you guys looking into it. I just purchased this airport addon last night so I had never used it before SU4 released. Please don't think that I was complaining that it doesn't work due to the update, I understand that updates tot he game software can and likely will affect third party addons. I was a bit surprised though because I bought the addon through the in game marketplace I assumed it would have been tested. I also posted in here to find out if anyone else had the CTD or if it was just me. Again, if anyone else has had the issue please let me know and for the devs thanks for looking into it and I hope that it can be resolved because I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bummed that I spent the money and it doesn't work.

Best regards and patiently waiting.
Hey mate - I've run into a similar issue with other addon airports so thought I'd share this in case it helps: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ct ... /339377/35

For me, a nearby addon airport (NZKI) had a mymaterials folder conflict with the same add on airport mentioned in this post (NZWS). I don't know if you use https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker but this app has a MaterialLibs folder renamer and can check for conflicts between add ons - which is how I identified the mymaterials conflict between these airports.