Reminder: Forums are intended for user-to-user support and discussions. Official support replies are not guaranteed.

Looking for a couple of beta testers for the KPDX MSFS update

Official Support Forum
iblueyonder
United States of America

Looking for a couple of beta testers for the KPDX MSFS update

Post by iblueyonder » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:39 am

If any of you who've had issues with the MSFS version of KPDX would be interested in testing a fix, we've got a beta that's about to be released for testing. If you'd like test, PM me with your forum username and a brief description of the issues you're having with the current version.

thanks,
Bill Womack
Bill Womack
Polypoke & Pixel Cowboy

i7-6700k 4GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce 1070 8GB VRAM - Windows 10 - P3D 4.4

Lysdestic
United States of America

Re: Looking for a couple of beta testers for the KPDX MSFS update

Post by Lysdestic » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:43 pm

I had no idea these forums existed and had almost given up on KPDX and was worried it had been abandoned. It was an instant-buy for me at release...I actually purchased it twice, once from flightbeam directly, and later on MSFS itself, as I prefer marketplace for updating purposes(and didn't realize it would eventually come to the marketplace when I first bought it.)

I'm a PDX native. It's my home airport in the sim and I fly out of there on MSFS at least 2-3 times a week.

I've noticed two major bugs that have resulted in me preferring the default KPDX, despite how excellently done this version is visually. The ILS frequencies are missing in FMS units and the fact that with Flightbeam KPDX installed, ATC seems to default to 3/21 instead of 10/28, which are the most often used runways at KPDX.

I would be stoked to beta test, especially if these are issues that have been looked at. I realize this post is a couple of months old, but figured I'd post anyway. In the meantime I'll continue to search this forum now that I know it exists to see if the above issues have been discussed anywhere.

Thanks for your work!

iblueyonder
United States of America

Post by iblueyonder » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:39 pm

Thanks for the offer of testing. I think we're in good shape, now. I sent the newest build to Flightbeam just now, so hopefully it'll be published soon. The ILS and runway issues were all related, and I think we've resolved them.
Bill Womack
Polypoke & Pixel Cowboy

Lysdestic
United States of America

Post by Lysdestic » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:58 pm

Excellent news, happy to hear it!

Lysdestic
United States of America

Post by Lysdestic » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi. So, I uninstalled my marketplace version and grabbed the updated version in Contrail.

It seems that runway 3/21 is now completely disabled. =\

Further, the issue before was that ILS frequencies didn't show up under the GPS units waypoint info screen, and this also seemed to affect autotune. But NOW all ILS approaches are completely removed from KPDX.

iblueyonder
United States of America

Post by iblueyonder » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:49 pm

Lysdestic wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:45 pm
Hi. So, I uninstalled my marketplace version and grabbed the updated version in Contrail.

It seems that runway 3/21 is now completely disabled. =\

Further, the issue before was that ILS frequencies didn't show up under the GPS units waypoint info screen, and this also seemed to affect autotune. But NOW all ILS approaches are completely removed from KPDX.
We ended up having to fully disable 3/21 to get the sim to recognize 10/28 L/R. It appears to be a bug in the sim, but we haven't gotten to the bottom of what exactly is going on with that. Nothing was changed regarding the approaches, and the testers reported no problems with them. We'll have to look into it further.
Bill Womack
Polypoke & Pixel Cowboy

Lysdestic
United States of America

Post by Lysdestic » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:05 pm

I'll do a double check on the ILS this weekend in a clean environment. IIRC, I was still able to follow the glidslope in by manually tuning, but when I tried to load the approach via the GPS, I think that was where I noted no ILS approaches listed.